Media Studies GCSE revision
English Literature GCSE revision
Students should regularly be recapping the texts that we study as part of this course.
- Shakespeare’s Macbeth
- Conan Doyle’s The Sign of Four
- Power and Conflict poetry anthology
- Golding’s Lord of the Flies (sets 1 and 2 only)
- Kelly’s DNA (sets 3, 4,5 and 6 only)
There are various ways to revise for this subject. Here are some options:
- Re-read the texts (this is essential).
- Memorise key quotations (see the quotation bank resource for Lord of the Flies and Poetry, as well as the Macbeth revision guide available to buy in school by Quotation Bank).
- Create character cards: brainstorm key characteristics with quotations.
- Plan essays- this is one of the most valuable revision tools.
- Create theme cards: brainstorm all of the key themes per text and consider which characters link to these themes and why. Find quotations to support each key theme.
- Invest in revision guides and workbooks to support your independent study (more information below).
In addition, there are various resources available to download here:
Lord of the Flies
The Sign of Four
- Workbook on chapters 1-5
- Ten key quotations about/by Sherlock Holmes
- Ten key quotations about/by Dr John Watson
Power and Conflict poetry
English Language GCSE revision
How to be successful in English Language?
Read, read and read.
Fiction: read novels, plays, poetry.
Non-fiction: read a broadsheet newspaper article a day (The Guardian, Independent, The Telegraph, The Times etc).