At The Bicester School, we teach Modern Foreign Languages (MFL) because we want young people to find out about the world in which they live, understand how to get on with other people and open doors for themselves to jobs, qualifications and exciting opportunities in life.
The languages students learn are:
- French and/or Spanish in Year 7
- French or Spanish in Year 8
- French or Spanish GCSE, if that is part of their curriculum pathway*
We have A-level Linguists who might go on to use their skills in a job straight away or study at university. Lots of universities offer the chance to combine Foreign Languages with all sorts of other courses.
- Spanish and/or French A-Level
The MFL team works closely together, developing and planning learning. Our aims are to:
- foster pupils’ and students’ enjoyment of language learning
- have high expectations of pupils’ and students’ achievement and behaviour
- promote understanding and appreciation of the cultures and ways of life of other countries
- encourage pride in successful linguistic achievement
- ensure that pupils and students achieve their full potential in public examinations
*The Bicester School is aiming for the great majority of our students to achieve the ‘EBacc’. The EBacc is English, Maths, Science, a language and either History or Geography at Grade 5 or above.